Pontefract, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £23500 per annum
16 days ago
You will join a developed, knowledgeable yet small finance team and as such will gain start to finish experience of the Accounts Payable process. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and training. Long term wise the role will allow exposure to cash book, sales ledger and additional project based work and for the right person the role could lead to more of a progressive Accounts Assistant role.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the Purchase Ledger process, this includes;
- Processing in excess of 500 purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching, batching and coding purchase invoices.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Dealing with supplier queries and first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assisting with the weekly payments and advising which suppliers should be paid and within what timescales.
- Assisting with the production of journals and accruals
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Ensuring that all invoices are updated on the ledger for the month end process.
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
- Have previous experience of working within a finance team within a accounts payable role.
- Be able to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have experience of working within a small finance team is preferable but not essential.
- Want to learn new skills and will be proactive with your approach.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.