An established Chesterfield based company are looking for a part-time Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will be across five days per week, with typical hours being either 8.30am to 2.30pm or 9.30am-3.30pm.
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced, well-established team. Working in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will be reporting into the Finance Manager.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Input new purchase orders to suppliers and log on system.
- Check correct prices are input on purchase order
- Check delivered quantities match ordered and invoiced quantities
- Match delivery notes with purchase orders
- Input purchase invoice onto Sage
- Reconcile supplier statements with Sage
- Liaise with supplier on queries and discrepancies
- Ensure all purchase requisitions, orders and invoices have been approved by the correct person
- Chase suppliers on delivery dates
- Check and process monthly credit cards.
You must have:
- Minimum 2 years basic bookkeeping / accounting knowledge
- Good communication skills, including active listening and good telephone manner
- Computer literacy, including confidence using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and accounting software (experience in using SAGE advantageous but not essential)
- Salary of £25,000 (full time equivalent)
- Flexible Hours
- Christmas Bonus
- Holiday entitlement rising with length of service
The successful candidate will be joining a small, friendly team and will be offered the necessary support and training during a handover period.
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.