£19000 - £21000 per annum
about 1 month ago
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced, well-established team. Working in a high-volume environment, this role offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience. A junior candidate would be considered for this role as well as an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk. This is a fast paced role on a paper based ledger, with lots to do.
Two weeks training will be provided with the option then to work from home/hybrid working.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Process properly authorised documents, by reference to Sage accounts coding structure
- Pay suppliers to terms of payment
- Reconcile supplier statements to sage records monthly by agreed timescales, investigating all unmatched items.
- Reconcile Nominal accounts to Sage Monthly, investigating any errors or omissions, Inform Senior Accounts Clerk once complete for review
- Month end cut off - close period by agreed date and inform Head of Accounts of any large invoices which have not been processed before cut-off
- Creditors Monthly to review and deal with queries - Send to Senior Accounts Clerk for review with notes
- File documents so as to provide audit trails to satisfy auditor and HMRC requirements
You must be:-
- Comfortable in a high volume Purchase Ledger environment
- Confident communicator and a team player
- Self-motivated, willing to work hard and learn
- Flexible and adaptable
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.