£19000 - £25000 per annum
20 days ago
You will join a developed, knowledgeable yet small finance team and as such will gain start to finish experience of the Accounts Payable process. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and training. They can offer hybrid working if required.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the Purchase Ledger process, this includes;
- Processing purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Matching, batching and coding purchase invoices.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Dealing with supplier queries and first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assisting with the weekly payments and advising which suppliers should be paid and within what timescales.
- Assisting with the production of journals and accruals.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Ensuring that all invoices are updated on the ledger for the month end process.
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
- Have some previous experience of working within a finance team within a accounts payable role.
- Be able to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have experience of working within a small finance team is preferable but not essential.
- Want to learn new skills and will be proactive with your approach.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.