£20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits & Parking
29 days ago
Working within a proactive finance team you will be responsible for the start to finish Accounts Payable process. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and growth from within.
As the Purchase Ledger Assistant you will have full responsibility for the following:-
- Processing high value purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assisting with the payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have previous experience of working within an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Finance team.
- Have dealt with high value, complex invoices and will be comfortable assisting with high value payment runs.
- Be able to prioritise their workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Pick up new skills, processes quickly and be happy to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
For more information please contact Sue Wallis
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.