Sewell Wallis recruitment are currently working with a leading Worksop based business. This client is one of my favourite clients to work with and they offer some fantastic benefits.
Due to expansion they are now looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Assistant on a full time basis. The right candidate will ideally have experience in purchase ledger and be used to working in a fast paced environment.
This role will offer training initially and after that period there will be the opportunity to work from home one or two days per week, they also offer finishing early on a Thursday or Friday a few times per month depending on work load.
* Opening and scanning the incoming mail
* Validate travel expense claims checking compliance to Expenses policy, calculating appropriate VAT to assist in enabling VAT return completion and identifying PSA and pass to the appropriate person for calculating to ensure statutory requirements are met.
* Input employee expenses onto the accounting system to enable accurate and timely payments to be made
* Deal with expense enquiries in a courteous and professional manner
* Match supplier invoices to goods received and orders, and process none purchase order invoices for accurate payment in line with purchasing policy
* Complete supplier statement reconciliations, including intercompany to validate creditor position, track and record
* Answer supplier and internal customer enquiries so that processes run smoothly
* Investigate GRNI discrepancies to validate the accuracy of the GRNI accrual
* Responsible for resolving Debit Balances, track and record
* Review Aged Creditors for aged items and take proactive action monthly to ensure these are resolved and cleared
* Ideally some experience in accounts or purchase ledger
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
* Excellent communication skills
* Some days working from home
* Early finishes
* 25 days holiday + stats
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.