Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits
2 months ago
This is a brilliant, commercial role with hands on exposure to the business involving business partnering and playing a key role within the team.
- Business partnering across functions
- Working alongside key projects accounting for costs
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Completion of reporting packs
- Ensuring buy in and approval from key stakeholders including Group Function Heads, Group Financial Controller and the group CFO.
- Working closely with Group Function Heads to ensure they have full ownership of their department costs, producing high quality, insightful monthly cost reporting and regularly updating and challenging forecasts.
- Strategy:- Contribute to setting the direction of the group's corporate strategy by providing support to the Group Financial Controller and the Group Accountant in the provision of accurate and incisive monthly management account data and analysis to enable informed decisions to be taken including production of the monthly group management accounts and board reports.
- Review & oversight:- Analysing and reviewing head office performance and forecasts including regular updates with group function heads to discuss and challenge results.
- Planning & performance:- Provide support and analysis for the planning and performance function as necessary, including as part of the quarterly business performance reviews and the annual medium term plan process.
- Be a part or fully-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Be articulate and able to present financial information clearly, confidently and concisely both verbally and in written reports.
- Be able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks in order to meet challenging deadlines.
- Be confident, able to work independently and motivated to develop their abilities.
- Be a good team player and able to form and develop strong relationships both within the business and with external advisers.
- Have excellent analytical skills and a good working knowledge of MS office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Have a good eye for detail.
This important role combines a variety of tasks together with the opportunity for excellent personal development and offers long-term prospects for the right candidate.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.