Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£60000 - £70000 per annum
4 months ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of qualified and part qualified Accountants and undertaking the following role. A key focus of this role is development and implementation of processes and controls.
* Delivery of consolidated management accounts for all business units with the required reporting timetables
* Development and implementation of process and controls to ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled
* Point of contact with external bodies for any audit work, to include statutory year end audit and any other ad-hoc audits required by lenders
* To ensure robust financial control and governance is in line with the division policies
* Implement the process changes needed to reduce the month end reporting cycle
* Manage cost control with the functional heads of the Central finance team
* Encourage continuous improvement activities across all of the finance teams in order to drive best practice
* To identify, develop and implement any reporting requirements
* Line management responsibility as appropriate
The successful candidates will be an excellent communicator who can influence change. You will need to be robust and focused on delivery of change rather than maintenance of the status quo.
Additional skills and experience will include;
* ACA or ACCA qualified
* Prior experience of working for an audit practice in the field
* Expert financial technical skills
* A strong communicator and influencer who can 'sell' the need for change
* Not afraid to challenge the practices of the business
* A high level of integrity and a commitment towards a governance culture
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.