Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits
about 1 year ago
The ideal successor will have previous experience within a commercial finance function (ideally a pricing function) and exceptional analytical skills, encompassed with an outstanding interpersonal manner and well-developed stakeholder relationship management.
The Pricing Analyst role is a 12 months FTC - maternity cover.
Pricing and Profitability has been an area of investment for this company, both by way of increased resource and investing in new technology, as the function provides support at an international level. The successful candidate will become part of a team which is responsible for providing guidance with regards to pricing; including modelling scenarios. They also support in assessing the profitability of work and how this might be improved. The team works collaboratively with other functions delivering commercial financial training.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a highly visible role with frequent interaction;
* Establishing and maintaining relationships across a number of stakeholders
* Proactively make contact to obtain details of pricing being offered and critically assess impact
* Interpreting requirements to develop the pricing approach, including appropriate analysis and forecasting of profitability
* Maintain a tracking tool of pricing support
* Taking responsibility for following up successful arrangements, assessing profitability and checking for any scope change
* Relationship management: additional financial analysis and support for selected key clients highlighting areas of concern, regular communication to analyse quarterly results
* Knowledge of pricing, calculating and presenting arrangements and an understanding of the levers affecting profitability
* Confidence and initiative to bring ideas to the table in discussions with managers
* Experience of influencing decision makers, and have the confidence to explain and justify proposals
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the confidence and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with senior management
* Professional approach, with an emphasis on customer service and a determination to get the job done
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment
* Ability to analyse and model financial data to assist in pricing decisions
* Demonstration of the necessary interpersonal skills, in order to deal frequently with other teams within finance and other support areas: HR / BD / Marketing, explaining concepts to non-Finance staff
* Well-developed project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and priorities
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.