Leeds, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £20000 per annum + benefits
12 months ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:-
- Ensuring that up to 500 employees are paid on a monthly basis for up to 300 different companies.
- Maintain and run the Payroll/HR System and time and attendance systems.
- Assisting in the processing of new starters, leavers and amendments.
- Issuing P45's and preparing BACS statements.
- Processing payroll calculations including manual calculations when required.
- Dealing with PAYE enquires.
- Reconciliation of payroll - performing journals, accruals and prepayments for bonuses or overpayments.
- Administering SSP, SMP, SPP, PAYE and NI and year end procedures.
- Calculating monthly pay to gross for all employees.
- Preparing and issuing pay statements in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Analysing and resolving pay queries and providing information as required.
- Supporting existing team members as and when required.
- Being committed to maintaining payroll legislation knowledge.
- Have previous experience of working within a Payroll team and will have experience of working within a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to liaise with managers and clients.
- Have excellent attention to detail and will be able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Be able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
- Have strong IT and Excel skills.
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough on 07900 738647.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.