£18000 - £21000 per annum
about 1 year ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a thriving business with strong, professional ethics and a driven workforce. The expanding Payroll department is a diverse and supportive environment and will perfectly suit a candidate who is willing to grow within the role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :-
- Preparing and processing weekly and monthly payrolls for an allocation of different sized clients.
- Answering routine client queries regarding payroll, PAYE, NIC, and escalating more complex queries to supervisors, or responding with their assistance, as appropriate.
- Completing paperwork on behalf of clients with regard to PAYE, NIC or any other query.
- Responding to routine HMRC queries on behalf of clients.
- Calculating and keeping records of all payments due to the HMRC and informing clients of payments to be made.
- Keeping relevant payroll files and records in good order for any inspection by HMRC.
- Filing all relevant information regarding payrolls in client's individual files
- Liaising with other BHP teams regarding client payrolls as appropriate.
- Preparing BACS payments for each individual client's pay-date including BACS remittance payments as appropriate.
Person Specification :-
- End to end payroll experience in a similar role (minimum 1 year)
- Knowledge of payroll legislation/HMRC requirements
- Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Accurate, methodical and organised
- Smart and personable
- Good IT skills, experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and payroll systems, ideally STAR
Working hours :-
- 37.5 per week, worked between Monday to Friday
For more information please contact Matt Hurt
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.