Leeds, West Yorkshire
£19000 - £22500 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
The role will predominately be focused around the processing of three separate payrolls and the successful candidate will be responsible for everything from creating new starters right up to calculating overtime rates and dealing with HMRC.
You will join a friendly, long standing team that reward and recognise their team members. This is a new role and will report into the Finance Manager. The company is extremely accessible via public transport and free onsite parking is also provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:-
- Supporting in the processing of three separate payrolls for up to 1300 employees during busy periods.
- Working towards various targets and deadlines and ensuring the different payroll completion dates are adhered to.
- Assisting in the processing of new starters, leavers and amendments.
- Issuing P45's and preparing BACS statements.
- Processing payroll calculations including manual calculations when required.
- Dealing with PAYE enquires.
- Reconciliation of payroll - performing journals, accruals and prepayments for bonuses or overpayments.
- Administering SSP, SMP, SPP, PAYE and NI and year end procedures.
- Calculating monthly pay to gross for all employees.
- Preparing and issuing pay statements in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Analysing and resolving pay queries and providing information as required.
- Being committed to maintaining payroll legislation knowledge.
- Have previous experience of working within a Payroll team and will have experience of the start to finish payroll process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to liaise with managers and clients.
- Be able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
- Have strong IT skills.
- Experience of the furlough process be helpful but it isn't essential
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.