£45000 - £50000 per annum + + company car
about 1 month ago
It is no coincidence that this business has one of the lowest staff turnovers that we have ever come across. Not only do they provide a fantastic working culture, but they also continuously offer multiple opportunities from within where their employees can expand their knowledge and experience across all areas of finance.
One of the unique opportunities they are now recruiting for is a Market Area Accountant. This is a pivotal role in the business to support the Financial Controller and to take leadership of the finance team, consisting of 15 people. This a vibrant and busy finance function, consisting of part qualified and transactional finance individuals, who are looking for a strong man manager to show them what excellent looks like. You will manage the team in the delivery of accurate financial reporting and be the key finance person to provide financial guidance to operational colleagues.
Whilst you must be a qualified accountant with hands on accounting experience, this role is more about delegating to your team and overseeing the processes and procedures.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys managing but is looking for a business with clear succession planning in place. The current Financial Controller is open about wanting to hire their successor, so the opportunity to progress is clear from day one.
As the Market Area Accountant, your role will consist of the following duties:
-Manage and drive forward a varied finance function, holding regular one to ones and setting realistic goals and training plans
- Effectively communicate with non-finance colleagues, in particular operations, to drive profitability and ensure all necessary improvements are made across finance
- Lead your team to produce the accounts for multiple sites across the Yorkshire
- Solely manage all finances for one local site, ensuring all financial information is prepared accurately and efficiently
- You and the team will prepare monthly journals and payroll
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Monthly stock takes - various travel will therefore be required at times across Yorkshire to ensure these are done correctly
- Analysing all current processes and procedures to make the required changes and enhancements
- Review the monthly management accounts, providing commentary to explain any variances
- Ensure a strong culture is embedded in the team and succession planning is in place
In return your will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, alongside some exceptional training. You will be reporting into a highly approachable and knowledgeable Financial Controller, so the exposure and experience you will gain will be extremely valuable for your career moving forward.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity before applying, then please get in touch with Lucy Regan.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.