£35000 - £42000 per annum + exceptional benefits and hybrid working
6 days ago
Offering hybrid working, 25 days holiday plus bank hols and holiday purchase scheme as well as flexible/hybrid working your role will be responsible for the production of management accounts and leading an Assistant Management Accountant.
* Provide support to the Group Management Reporting Manager.
* Manage and co-ordinate the production & publication of the Group monthly management accounts, and executive board reports.
* Critically appraising information provided by the Finance Managers and producing reports suitable for presentation internal and external parties. Internally to the CFO, Board of Directors and other stakeholders to enable better decision making.
* Develop junior members of the team, mentoring through studies where applicable.
* Work closely with senior leaders across business and within the wider finance function including Finance Managers, Commercial Insight and operational finance teams. This includes being prepared to constructively challenge senior colleagues, clearly communicate alternative views to influence decisions and ensure that resulting actions are compliant with relevant accounting standards.
* Oversee production of other regular reporting including Group income summaries, departmental profit summaries, balance sheet and cash flow commentaries, intra group trading reviews and expense variance analysis.
* Provide insightful analyses, commentaries and investigations in response to queries raised by internal clients for informed decision making.
* Act as point of liaison with auditors and prepare audit schedules as required for all areas of responsibility.
* Co-ordinating responses in relation to year end and internal audits
* Working with Financial Control & Other FMs to ensure balance sheet is reported in compliance with relevant accounting standards.
* Attend monthly balance sheet reconciliation meetings, including presenting the balance sheet to senior finance colleagues and responding to queries.
* Other ad-hoc work as required by the Group Management Reporting Manager.
* Drive improvements and simplification throughout the month end reporting process including improvement of links between finance systems and enable efficiency in the month end reporting cycle.
* Support the respective Finance Managers at key financial planning periods by maintaining analysis, schedules and ensuring our Finance system is updated accordingly. Financial planning includes budget, reforecast, EFO and 5 year planning.
For more information please contact Faith Collins.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.