We are currently partnering with a small charity based in Rotherham on their search for a Management Accountant!
This registered charity is a passionate business who strive towards a cause and have a strong team built up of individuals who believe in the goals and values!
Your role as Management Accountant, directly reporting to the CEO, would be to support in the accounting function with a focus on Management Accounting while managing a small team. They would also encourage this person to involve themselves in process improvements and push positive changes within the company!
- To develop and manage organisational budgets, forecasts and financial plans.
- To develop, prepare and issue monthly management accounts including cash forecasts, to the Board and Executive Group and attend meetings as required.
- To ensure monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and ensure visibility in the process to meet audit and legislative requirements.
- To assist the CEO, Directors and other managers in the preparation of the Strategic Plan, researching and maximising funding opportunities.
- To assist managers and staff in the preparation of bids to funders and ensure full-cost-recovery techniques are utilised throughout the organisation.
-To support managers and staff in the implementation of income generation activities.
- To ensure that all the operational activities of the finance function (e.g. book-keeping, invoicing, credit control and VAT), as well as the team's income generation activity is carried out effectively and efficiently and in accordance with Company and Charity law and any other legal or management requirement.
- To control the organisation's working capital and treasury functions.
- To ensure the preparation of statutory accounts for audit purposes and assist the auditors in the preparation of the Annual Report.
- To ensure the completion and filing of P35 Employer's Annual Return and, where appropriate, P11d Returns. To deal with all aspects of VAT, tax and Gift Aid from a financial perspective.
- To act as the Data Protection lead for the organisation.
Suitable candidates will have;
- Previous experience of working at a senior level in an organisation with a turnover of £1million plus, with specific responsibility for financial management and reporting;
- Experience of financial planning, forecasting and modelling, with the flexibility and ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of computer-based accounting systems, SORP and Charity/Company law;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to disseminate information in a clear way to non-financial colleagues and trustees.
-Hybrid working (3/4 days office based)
-6% employer contribution to pension
-25 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 30 days + bank holidays and informal christmas shutdown (discretionary).
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.