Our client are looking to appoint a Management Accountant to lead their Management Accounts team.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant who wants to develop their management skills and who really wants to add value within a finance function and to the overall business.
As the Management Accountant, you will lead a team of two management accountants, have sole responsibility for the completion of all internal and external financial reporting, and will effectively business partner with non-financial departments.
You role will include the following duties:-
- Managing 2 direct reports; mentoring, developing and delegating efficiently
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting including creating insightful commentary alongside the management accounts for the Board
- Oversee the production of the monthly management accounts and regular reporting, being prepared to cover due to team holidays or sickness
- Working with cost centre managers to understand key variances to budget and forecast
- Monthly Group reporting including accurate analysis for the board report
- Implement and develop extensive cost centre and headcount reporting
- Suggest and implement internal process and control improvements
You will need to be a qualified accountant, an excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate excellent excel skills to be considered for this position.
Experience working within a management accounting role in a busy environment is also essential.
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working
- The opportunity to work for a recognisable brand and work for a well established Senior Finance Manager
- Flexible and rewarding working environment
Please contact Lucy Regan, Emma Dugdale or Martin Elam if you require further information before applying.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.