Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
14 days ago
£40,000 - £45,000, Wakefield
Are you a qualified Management Accountant looking for an interesting role to keep growing your skills? Are you good with people and enjoy working within a fun and supportive team?
I'm recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a fast growing SME with the production of timely, accurate and relevant management accounts and financial statements whilst ensuring tight internal controls are in place. You will be assigned the management accounts for 3 entities, which will include production of P&Ls, balance sheets, variance analysis, reviewing financial for allocated programmes with the commercial team and assist with producing the budget.
You will be responsible for:
* Production and review of the Monthly Management Accounts
* Ensure monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including; client reconciliations, prepayments, accruals, payroll and tax related accounts
* To produce the monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly VAT returns and reconciliations
* To produce the monthly, quarterly and annually EC sales returns and reconciliations
* To manage, produce and journal all the intercompany charges
* To produce a full monthly commentary on each entity analysing performance against key KPIs
* Prepare and present client financial data to commercial team for clients you will be looking after
* Support with the production of year end statutory accounts and work with the auditors during their fieldwork
* To assist in production of annual overhead budget from the bottom up
* Ad hoc financial analysis and investigative tasks
* Carrying out of such ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Supervisor
* Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
* Strong working knowledge of Excel. Specifically know how to use and setup; VLOOKUPs, SUMIFS & Pivot tables
* Fully PC literate with a working knowledge of other MS Office packages Aptitude for continual learning and development with different systems applications and multiple software packages
* Ability to use IT packages, mainly Excel to analyse and manipulate data
* Highly organised, attentive and solution orientated
* Strong problem solving capabilities, strong analytical skills, numerate and flexibility to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Strong technical, organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Attention to detail and passion for quality, ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
* Capable of working competently with diverse groups of people, data and processes accommodating an ever changing environment
* Confidently interfaces with all levels of staff internally and externally
* The opportunities to develop skills that will impact your career
* Continuous support and training to prepare you to take your next step
* A supportive network of colleagues and leadership team
If you're someone who does not simply perform a job, but seizes the chance to make a difference then I'd love to hear from you.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.