Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£19000 - £22000 per annum
5 months ago
This role would be responsible for a range of accounts duties as detailed below.
- To identify and input incoming cheque details into cheque register.
- To post incoming Office and Client ledger receipts.
- To process outgoing Office and Client account cheque payments, meeting the time deadline of each office.
- To ensure all bills are posted daily notifying fee earners of any discrepancies.
- To transfer payment of fees daily.
- Client Account Interest calculations.
- To post all Petty Cash payment on Client ledgers.
- To reconcile Designated Deposit Account ledgers monthly.
- During Senior Cashier's absence to provide daily cover in respect of Client and Office account bank reconciliations, processing and posting of Bacs, Chaps & International Payments receipts and payments.
- To deliver banking to the bank each day.
- To maintain good daily contact with all fee earners and support staff regarding posting of financial transactions and movement of funds via electronic banking.
- To answer e-mail enquiries raised in Accounts Enquires mailbox within appropriate timescales.
- To support the operation of the credit control system by dealing with credit card payments and liaising with clients. fee earners, support staff and the credit controller.
- Ideally have experience as a Legal Cashier or have worked in a legal accounting role.
- A self starter.
- Computer literate - strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Some knowledge of Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules 2011 desirable but not essential.
For more information please contact Hannah Bateman
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk