Sewell Wallis are working with a brilliant and established business in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an Investment Accountant. This is an exceptional opportunity in an exciting role in finance with real opportunity to make a difference supporting all regional offices across the UK.
The Investment Accountant will appraise, negotiate and implement funding for business. The ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the business is often necessary - this could mean supporting the wider team with business development, investment strategy, environmental goals, property management, budgeting and colleague training. Ultimately, the role will be where you want to take it.
- Appraising and analysing investment opportunities by interview with client company directors and advisors
- Due diligence investigations
- Full monitoring of client companies
- Assisting client companies to achieve their objectives and work towards a successful exit for investment.
- Assisting with the maintenance of appropriate investment records and preparing reports accordingly.
- Assisting in the company's economic regeneration aspirations - liaising with different stakeholders including other funders, government bodies, development agencies, local authorities etc.
- Supporting the regional teams with business development and marketing.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or latter stages
- Exposure in an accounting/finance role
- You'll enjoy working within and leading teams and be able to build strong relationships, internally and externally.
- You'll have an open mind, applying your analysis skills to new industries and business types and be prepared to see something different every day.
- You will be at ease presenting financial information and explaining trends/variances.
- A good understanding of business including strategic, commercial and financial matters. Ideally you will have some experience of the corporate finance sector.
- You will have a good knowledge of the regional economy and a strong marketing and networking ability.
- You will be someone who wants to make a difference in our local communities and be passionate about supporting small business.
- A market competitive salary of £45,000 to £55,000 dependent upon experience
- Company Car or cash alternative
- Bonus scheme (up to 20% of basic salary)
- Pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
- Annual Pay Review
- 35 day holiday including Bank Holidays
- Organic progression opportunities
For more information contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.