Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Working as a member of the Reporting & Compliance team, liaising with specified Business Partners, Group Reporting & Control and other entities within the business - the role involves the provision of Taxation, Accounting, and Compliance services to entities within the business, ensuring best financial practice is adhered to at all times. Possessing solid knowledge and ability of relevant IFRS accounting Standards and relevant tax legislation.
You will also take responsibility for the provision of General Ledger, Accounting and Compliance services to entities within the business, ensuring best financial practice is adhered to.
* Assisting in the provision of Taxation, Accounting and Compliance services to entities within the business in line with required KPIs and service levels
* Ensuring financial information is provided on a timely basis to allow sufficient time for review by business partners and project leaders whilst maintaining full compliance with reporting deadlines set by Group Reporting and Control
* Taking ownership of several balance sheet accounts in the reconciliation process on the financial system
* Preparation and submission of UK and overseas VAT returns, tax return and EU reporting requirements
* Preparation and submission of other statutory reporting requirements as requested
* Assisting with year-end statutory accounts preparation, acting as the liaison between external auditors and Finance Business Partners to facilitate smooth and timely completion of the year end audit
* Assisting in the preparation and submission of internal reporting requirements, including consolidated monthly management accounts and other ad hoc statistics
* Developing accounting policies and processes across the entities in the steel division and ensuring adherence to these policies and processes
* Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with nominated internal and external partners to facilitate achievement of service levels and KPIs
* Supporting the Reporting and Compliance section manager in identifying any problems or issues within the nominal ledgers for specific businesses, ensuring appropriate and timely escalation to facilitate prompt resolution
* Ensure financial information is provided on a timely basis to allow sufficient time for review by business partners and project leaders whilst maintaining full compliance with reporting deadlines set by Group Reporting and Control.
* Assistance with year-end statutory reporting requirements as requested
* Assistance with VAT and EU reporting on the financial system
* Assistance with financial compliance checks of businesses within the group
* Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for management review
* Assistance with month end system procedures, e.g. ledger opening and closing, mapping scheme/integration transaction, and master data maintenance.
* Candidates with accountancy practice experience will be at an advantage
* Candidates must have experience of management accounting
* 35 days holiday
* Up to 16% combined pension contribution
* Access to Occupational Health
* Career progression
For more information please contact Faith Collins
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.