£40000 - £45000 per annum + Generous car allowance
20 days ago
This is a new role to respond to the growth and will report directly to the Head of People and Culture and partnering with the retail leadership team. This is a key role in shaping and delivering the people and culture strategy and they are therefore looking for someone with a passion for people and the desire to really make a difference.
This is a hybrid role and will allow you to manage your own diary however it is expected that you will spend a couple of days working either at home or at the head office in Sheffield and spend the rest of the week visiting stores throughout the UK - most of which are in the North.
The main responsibilities include:
- Through excellent partnering, you will influence and coach stakeholders in the delivery of the business strategy.
- Grow the team to ensure healthy succession planning to ensure future business growth.
- Build high performing teams and leaders with the capability and capacity to drive and execute the business strategy and business ambition.
- Shape and implement organisational effectiveness priorities aligned to the business growth strategy.
- Support the embedding of an impactful diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Proactively drive and support employee engagement initiatives, with a view to consistently capturing and actioning feedback.
- Through effective advice and interventions, you will support and influence leaders on people issues.
- Mentor and coach your stakeholders where you will role model best practice and ensure you use your experience to develop their career.
- Be a true ambassador of the company values - positive attitude and fun, making a difference, accountability, honesty and integrity.
This is an exciting role with loads of scope and long term opportunity and therefore they are looking for the following attributes:
- A highly competent people partner who can demonstrate an ability to drive business improvement through a people centric model.
- A natural partner, influencer and excellent communicator who can build trusted relationships with stakeholders and provide challenge and support.
- A forward thinking and resilient individual who takes energy from ensuring they are up to date with changing trends and continual professional development.
- Extensive HR generalist at business partnering level.
- Excellent coaching and development skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrable experience in the delivery of a people plan that is held accountable to deliver a return on investment.
Experience within retail or logistics is desirable however the main criteria is the passion and flexibility to make this role your own with the above experience.
Please contact Sue Wallis for further details.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.