Are you an ambitious Finance Manager looking to take your next step up in your career? We are proud to be exclusively partnering our client, a growing SME in the manufacturing and distribution sector who is a the start of their five year growth strategy as they look to appoint a Head of Finance. This business was bought last year by an inspirational Managing Director who has already embarked on making some really positive changes to the business both from a cultural and operational point of view.
With the support of a fantastic Financial Controller the Head of Finance will work really closely with the owner of the business on various value adding projects, system and process improvements and will be heavily involved in working on the growth strategy of the business including being involved from the outset on the purchasing on new businesses for the group. On offer is the chance for this role to become a Finance Director position in the future.
- Overall responsibility for the finance function of the business, including the day to day management of a small team
- Working alongside a passionate senior leadership team comprising of a Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, Head of Operations and the Managing Director
- Full systems and wider business process and systems review, it is envisaged that this person will role out a new accounting system and purchase ordering system
- Heavily involved with the acquisition of a number of businesses into the group
- Oversight of the management accounts preparation and delivery of the board reports during the management meetings
- Playing a key role in ensuring business objectives are set and within budget to meet the long term business growth strategy is achieved.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will be CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified (QBE may be considered) with experience operating as a number two to a Finance Director and ready for the next step up.
- An ideas person, someone whose not scared of challenging ideas and someone who is self motivated in making positive changes.
- Someone with excellent communication skills. This business has a truly open culture and therefore it is vital that the successful candidate is used to communicating with all areas and levels within the business.
- Experience in systems implementation, process improvements and acquisitions are deemed as a nice to have but most importantly we're looking for someone with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm to join a growing business.
What's on offer;
- A salary of between £50,000 - £60,000
- 25 days holiday (plus birthday, plus stats) and fully flexible over how the hours are worked including start and finish times, hybrid options also available
- 5% matched pension
- On site gym
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.