I'm working with a progressive, passionate and rapidly growing global organisation, who are looking to recruit an experienced fundraising officer for a social impact foundation. The main purpose of the role is to nurture relationships with existing and prospective donors, particularly to increase donations from trusts and foundations.
This is a fantastic opportunity, which would be well suited to an open-minded, pro-active and passionate individual, who's keen to make a positive impact on projects for climate and ecological emergencies.
Role & Responsibility
- Securing the financial resources needed to support our innovative work in making political systems fit for the future.
- Nurture relationships with existing and prospective donors, particularly to increase donations from trusts and foundations.
- Supporting the foundation's leadership with key fundraising reporting and administration
- Help organise, and attend, fundraising events with the purpose of relationship building, nurture and networking.
- Develop and maintain both internal and external contacts and will need to develop a thorough understanding of the foundation's work, business plans and strategic priorities.
- Manage the reporting and administration of existing grants, advising relevant members of the team well in advance of reporting deadlines.
- Information Management, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure appropriate means of monitoring and evaluation are established in order to feed into the fundraising team's KPI's.
Salary & Benefits
- £26,000 - £32,000 DOE
- Fully remote position (1x day per month in their Sheffield-based)
- 40 Days Annual Leave Allowance (inc bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Develop a career with a rapidly growing organisaton, with a huge focus on projects in response to climate change
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the voluntary sector
- Experience of creative proposal writing combined with the ability to demonstrate clear
- outcomes and impact
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good copywriting and
- proofreading ability
- Time management skills: the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines is key
- Experience of preparing, manipulating and presenting budgets
- Good research skills with experience of identifying quality new fundraising leads
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet objectives and tight deadlines under
- Excellent IT skills with a high working knowledge MS Office, Google Drive etc
This role is part time or full time, 12-month contract with intention to make permanent.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.