Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £52000 per annum
4 months ago
This Financial Controller role will see every side of finance, including the hands on duties to really understand how the business operates right through to some really interesting commercial work looking at various new projects that are coming in. It therefore requires a technically competent accountant with a confident and outgoing personality that can liaise with all areas across the organisation.
Your main duties will consist of the following but will grow with the business over the next year:-
- Manage a small finance team including a qualified accountant and two finance assistants
- Holding regular one to ones and focusing on any development areas within the team, delegating effectively where required
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts providing the board with timely and meaningful reports relating to cash-flow
- Provide financial reporting across numerous projects, monitoring margins and profitability to ensure that delivery leads and customers are aware of the current position of every project
- Building strong and robust relationships across the company, the people are certainly the heart of the organisation and therefore this is a key part of the position
- Balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Liaising with external accountants and overseeing the audit process
- Liaising with the bank regarding raising development finance
-Support with ad hoc project work when required
You must be a qualified accountant to be considered for this position with the drive and determination to grow the role. Experience working within a professional services environment would be highly beneficial.
For further details please contact Lucy Regan.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.