Working for a multi billion turnover business based in Dronfield - this is career changer for a Financial Accountant looking to integrate into a business with limitless opportunity to expand and grow!
The company is both progressive and ambitious so this is a great opportunity for someone who is confident in their abilities and able to work efficiently and effectively and continuously extend your skillset!
Your duties for the Financial Accountant will include:-
- Accounting for site overhead costs and driving profit improvement through control and reduction of overhead costs in line with key financial targets.
- Overseeing the preparation of key financial reports and to provide financial information requests as required by internal and external auditor parties.
- Closing the month-end overhead accounts, posting accruals and prepayments, and reviewing spends and balance sheet reconciliations with cost centre managers, the Site Finance Manager & Site Director.
- Understanding the main overheads drivers and to provide commentary explaining variances between actual results and budgets, forecasts and run rates to both finance and non-financial managers.
- Reporting weekly inventory holding, and proactively working with the Site Procurement & Supply Chain Teams on inventory reduction initiatives for the site.
- Challenging and removing non-value-adding activities within the finance function and make improvements to routine processes.
- Consistently challenging the robustness of master data set ups in SAP.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and senior management by carrying out ad hoc investigations and participating in projects designed to improve business performance.
The successful Financial Accountant will be:-
- QUALIFIED ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- A strong user of Excel
- Experienced in a similar role
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Good time management
- Relationship builder
- Attention to detail
Benefits for the Financial Accountant include but are not limited to:-
- Consistent career opportunities
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Sick pay
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Hannah Bateman.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.