Job descriptionWe are delighted to be working exclusively with an established organization based in Sheffield, who are looking to recruit a Finance Officer to join their thriving team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure the accuracy and sound control of financial transactions in line with the organizations finance policy.
- To work closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure internal controls meet the requirements of policy, QA framework and statutory requirements.
- To perform month end procedures including complex accounting journals for all establishments promptly and accurately.
- To undertake other reconciliations as required
- To undertake financial reporting in line with policy and procedure and assist the Finance and Operation Assistants workload if required.
- To contribute to the reporting of income and expenditure.
Budget monitoring and reforecasting.
- Complete payroll reconciliation processes and ensure budgets are updated accordingly.
- Ensure compliance to HMRC requirements.
Financial management and reporting
- Complete month end processes using advanced specialist technical accounting knowledge to ensure transactions are recorded accurately.
- Produce management accounts.
- Ensure that orders are accurately and promptly processed, and any associated goods received notes are filed and assigned to the relevant record in the accounting system by the Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Ensure invoices due for payment are processed in line with policy by the Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Respond to all financial queries and provide guidance where required.
- Maintain financial records.
- Reconcile VAT submissions and reimbursements.
- Reconcile receipts and payments on the central bank account.
- Complete financial tasks as directed.
Budget monitoring and forecasting
- Manage budgets and monitor budgets to be able to complete reforecasting.
- Give guidance in relation to budget queries
- Maintain comprehensive grant spend trackers to ensure reporting within the grant terms and conditions.
- Accounting qualification (e.g. AAT and working towards ACCA/CIMA) and proven technical financial accounting experience to achieve the level of skills, knowledge and understanding required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Experience of financial management and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Perform duties with accuracy and attention to detail
- Study Support
- Excellent pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional annual leave with length of service
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.