Job descriptionWe are delighted to be working with a dynamic and well-established business who are seeking a Finance Officer to join their dedicated team. This is a role with lots of variety to get stuck into and develop further in your career.
This role is working in a truly fantastic company who really value your training and development. They're progressive, with a great culture and strong value on work-life balance. The company offer hybrid working, study support, and early finish on a Friday!
As a Finance Officer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and post journal entries accurately to maintain our financial records.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations to ensure that all financial transactions are accounted for and discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate VAT returns.
- Maintain organised and up-to-date financial records, including ledgers, general accounts, and financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statement.
- Support the finance team during internal and external audits.
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes, suggest improvements, and contribute to the ongoing development of financial operations.
The ideal Finance Officer:
- Experience in a similar finance officer role
- Strong excel skills
- Detail-orientated and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Hybrid working
- Study Support
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
If you are a dedicated finance professional who is well-versed in journals, bank reconciliations, and VAT returns, and you are interested in becoming a vital part of a finance team, please send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.