Job descriptionWe have an exciting new opportunity to join our client, a fast-paced and growing distribution business based in Chesterfield as they look to appoint a Finance Manager in a newly created role. They're looking for a dynamic Accountant looking to undertake a role which provides real time support and analysis to all senior stakeholders of the business to be a trusted advisor and to add value in the decision making process.
This business has exciting plans for growth on the horizon and this person will be a vital part of the long term plans for the future and will be integral to developing the team and systems to support this.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
* Reporting directly to the part-time Finance Director
* Managing a team of 2 people, including responsibilities for training and development
* Assisting management accountant with the production of monthly management accounts and reporting to the Board on the results and key KPI's
* Consolidation of Group Accounts on a monthly basis
* Managing cash flows to optimize the company's financial position
* Preparation and maintenance of financial forecasts for planning purposes
* Responsible for costing and pricing systems, assessing impacts of cost increases and proposed customer price increases
* Monitor costs and recommend improvements
* Supporting the management team with any information required to improve the profitability of the business
* Supporting management accountant and overseeing payroll
* Produce information to assess any new projects or proposals and present the information to management
* Produce information for customer KPI's
* Responsible for the insurance cover for the company
* Liaise with other departments to streamline the operations of the business
* Liaising with auditors and outside brokers
* Statutory returns
* The role will go well beyond the purely financial. No two days will be the same!
Suitable candidates will;
* Qualified or part-qualified accountant
* Experience is vital, and key to success in the role
* Logistics Experience would be preferred
* Strong ability in management accounting
* Experience in an SME environment
* Ambitious and enthusiastic
* Strong communication skills with staff, management, customers and suppliers
* Strong reporting skills - an ability to present information in a concise and meaningful format
* Excel skills to a high standard
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.