Job descriptionWe are delighted to be working with a growing business based in Rotherham who have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Finance Business Partner to join their team.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team in an outward facing role, which focuses on the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules. Review
and explain variances to budget/forecast/previous year. Producing support for all
nominal ledger balances.
- Maintain fixed asset model to enable easy extraction of half year and year end
summaries, ensuring profit/losses on disposals are identified and fully documented on a
- Responsible for maintaining the records and daily receipt for Online sales including bank reconciliation to Bank and Paypal.
- Maintain cash book and ensure bank reconciliation is accurate and items
posted on a daily basis.
- Match purchase invoices to system purchase orders raised.
- Effective purchase ledger ensuring that, supplier data (contact
details/terms/relevant notes etc.) is properly maintained and up to date, all expenditure
has been appropriately authorized prior to input to the purchase ledger, payments are
made to suppliers agreed terms and purchase ledger balances are fully reconciled to
supplier statements and summarized on a monthly basis.
- Complete the production of half year and year end audit files to agreed timescales.
- Attend warehouse stock takes to ensure these are carried out accurately and
appropriately as required.
- Own the margin report for the company identifying any anomalies and carrying out
extensive reviews of products to ensure correct margins are being achieved.
- Review stock price file and ensure goods are invoiced at correct price.
- Monthly stock reconciliation of the company's multisite warehouses.
- Identify areas for improvement in the utilization of the existing finance and warehouse
- Ensure that corporate credit card statements are distributed and returned with all
appropriate receipts obtaining authorization in respect of any missing receipts. Produce
and post the analysis of expenditure and VAT.
- Assist with the production of supporting information for tax computations and resolution
of any subsequent queries.
- AAT Qualified
- Prior management accounting and purchase ledger experience
- Experience of Sage accounting systems (Sage 200)
- Excellent Excel and Word skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and able to communicate appropriately at different levels.
- Self motivated and ability to clearly demonstrate that all tasks essential to the job
function have been properly fulfilled.
- Study Support
- Company Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- On site parking
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.