Leeds, West Yorkshire
£17000 - £22000 per annum
about 1 year ago
The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Director, providing support to the finance team.
Full training and support is provided with the opportunity to access AAT study support.
It is essential the successful candidate can communicate confidently to stakeholders of varying levels of importance due to the nature of the job.
As the finance assistant you will be responsible for the following:
* Assisting the Purchase Ledger with their day-to-day activities.
* Maintenance of multi-currency cash books, including bank reconciliations, processing daily transactions on the cash management module.
* Analysing key overhead expenses on a monthly basis.
* Attending regular team meeting and contributing to these.
* Assisting the finance team with monthly accounting, cash reporting as well as other ad hoc requirements.
* Assisting with system testing
* Processing of credit cards, expenses and petty cash claims.
* Aiding the credit control team by releasing orders, allocating cash and resolving customer queries.
* Contribution to the development, implementation and review of procedures to maintain financial records.
The ideal candidate will:
* GCSE English and Maths, preferably grades A-C, or equivalent.
* Strong computer skills.
* A proactive approach to their work with a willingness to learn and develop.
* Excellent communication skills along with a professional approach to their work and customers.
* A strong attention to detail combined with flexibility to work across multiple and varied tasks.
* Started studying their AAT.
In return you will:
* Receive a competitive benefits and salary package.
* Be able to park on site.
* Join a friendly, well established team.
* Join a company where you can grow with the business and develop and progress within different areas of finance.
For more information please contact Scott Tallant
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.