As a Finance Assistant in the billings team, you will play a crucial role by managing the creation of bills, conducting quality checks, and effectively handling invoice queries. You will be part of a diverse team, working collaboratively and independently to utilise your skills and knowledge to produce accurate and timely work.
You will be joining a company with a great benefits package, who really value keeping their employees happy and well looked after. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a welcoming team, working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Your Finance Assistant duties will include:
* Address internal and external invoice queries, fostering positive relationships with legal teams, finance departments, and external vendors.
* Assist in operational billing for an assigned office/team to ensure accurate and efficient bill generation.
* Maintain consistent billing flow throughout the month, ensuring timely billing for all billable matters to meet monthly targets.
* Promptly escalate billing issues to managers/partners, providing suggestions for error reduction in future billing processes.
* Support the legal team with finance-related training on billing processes and query management/prevention.
* Review and enhance billing protocols, either directly or through collaboration with client services teams.
* Collaborate with the business to suggest, support, and initiate process improvements, contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
* Assist Managers, Team Leads, and Senior Billing Coordinators with any ad hoc tasks related to the audit of in-progress cases.
The ideal Finance Assistant:
* Ability to follow instructions with limited supervision and respond constructively to feedback.
* Completion of tasks within agreed time frames and in alignment with expectations.
* Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and enthusiasm for accurate billing processes.
* Pragmatic approach to problem-solving, demonstrating initiative and tenacity to achieve success.
* Capacity to challenge the status quo and propose improved work methodologies.
* Effective communication skills, especially in dealing with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
* Ability to adapt within a dynamic team environment with evolving responsibilities and processes.
* Willingness to undergo training and cover various aspects of team responsibilities as required.
* Previous experience of working towards targets.
* Hybrid working
* Various well-being packages including headspace, gym discounts and medical insurance
* Lifestyle discounts
* Employee pension
* Care and support for dependents
* 25 days hol + birthday off + volunteering days + study leave + more!
* Continuous development and learning schemes
If you are a proactive and organised individual with a passion for finance, please send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.