Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£22000 - £23000 per annum + Excellent benefits
28 days ago
This is a varied role which covers credit control, purchase ledger and month end processes and will grow in time with an emphasis on growing the role and dealing with more of the month end reporting.
The main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that monthly invoice runs are completed timely and accurately
- Daily banking of receipts and payments
- Ensuring all cash is posted on a daily basis and customer payments are allocated correctly
- Resolving customer sales ledger queries quickly and efficiently
- Processing supplier direct debit claims on a timely basis
- Maintain cashbook records and carry out bank reconciliations
- Customer and supplier statement reconciliations
- Provide copy invoices and remittances as and when requested by customers
- Creation and maintenance of customer accounts & supplier accounts including credit checks
- Creation of credit notes and obtaining authorisation in line with company policy
- Ensuring that all supplier invoices are received and matched correctly to orders
- Keeping up to date creditor reports
- Statement reconciliations
- Processing of staff expenses
- Credit card payments and statement reconciliation
- Monthly petty cash posting
The ideal candidate will have solid experience within a similar role and have excellent excel experience including pivot tables and Vlookups and some experience using Sage.
A 'can do' attitude is essential together with good communication skills and the ability to work to a deadline.
Ideally you will AAT or PQ AAT however a QBE with the right experience will also be considered.
For more information please contact Sue Wallis
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.