Leeds, West Yorkshire
£20000 - £24500 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
This is a newly created role to cover a maternity leave and will be a start to finish Credit Control position reporting into the Credit Manager. This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing business who is managing to thrive given the current difficult economic situation. Although the role is originally offered on a 6 month basis there could be the opportunity for this to be extended or it could eventually become permanent however there are no guarantees at this point.
The company pride themselves on offering all employees a stimulating place to work as well as a competitive benefits package and a comprehensive development and training programme.
The successful candidate will mainly focus on the collection of outstanding monies and cash allocation however the duties will be as follows:-
- Building strong relationships by communicating over the phone and face to face with internal and external departments
- Making high volumes of telephone calls to collect payment and or negotiate payment plans
- Following collection protocol and following up calls with an email trail for audit purposes
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing copy invoices and statements as requested
- Raising credit notes and dealing with any basic, initial queries
- Monitoring and reporting on overdue debt and putting accounts on stop when needed
The ideal candidate will:-
- Be immediately available or on a short notice period and happy to commit to a contract
- Have start to finish credit control experience and will have previously worked within a fast paced challenging environment
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Will be well organised and will be able to work towards targets and KPI's
- Be self motivated and will be happy with an element of home working
- Have experience of using Sage 200 (this is desirable not essential)
In return you will have access to:-
- Free onsite parking
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Learn from and have the support of an extremely knowledgeable and personable Credit Manager.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk