Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
26 days ago
Working within a great team this role reports into the Credit Control Manager and offers great support at all levels.
The successful candidate will work pro-actively to manage and maintain their accounts to maximise cash flow/dales revenue and minimise bad debts.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Effective collection of overdue accounts daily by phone and e-mail
* Ensure cash collection targets and other KPI's are achieved
* Prompt and accurate allocation of customer payments
* Accurate system input of sales ledger entries (journals, retention etc.)
* Distribution of invoices and payment applications to customers
* Identify overdue accounts and ensure appropriate action is taken
* Recommend legal proceedings against customers when necessary due to non-payment
* Weekly/Monthly production of up to date information of the relevant ledger
* Ongoing effective liaison with customers, Sales team and all internal departments
* Credit clear sales orders on a frequent basis where appropriate
* Monitor credit limits and request new limits as required
* Log all customer queries onto the relevant IT system and ensure effective resolution
Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 years credit control experience in a commercial environment and excellent IT skills, including Excel.
This is a friendly, hardworking environment so they are keen to meet with driven Credit Controllers who have strong communication skills and are well organised.
For more information please contact Sue Wallis
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.