Job descriptionSewell Wallis is currently recruiting for a Banking Specialist to join a brilliant professional services company based in Leeds City Centre. This is an excellent time to join a well-established, forward-thinking business where you will join a friendly and dynamic company that reward and recognise their team members and in return you will be offered a competitive salary.
- Daily posting of cash receipts.
- Retrieving wire payment and lockbox receipts daily from the bank's electronic imaging system for posting client's account.
- Posting live checks and cash that are deposited daily in the bank.
- Posting of cash to Trust Accounts and distributing funds from these account by following specific rules set forth by the Accounting Department.
- Performing small balance write offs as needed.
- Research and reapplication of cash postings as requested by attorneys, collectors and billers on behalf of the client.
- Researching unidentified cash receipts and the processing of them.
- Working with Accounting Specialist to ensure that cash is in balance at month end.
- Working with Accounting Specialist to research and correct monthly bank rec items.
- Coordinating the storing of cash receipt back up: daily, monthly and yearly.
- All other cash receipt duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
-Have at least one year's experience in accounting (sales ledger preferred).
-Experience in a legal or professional services environment would be preferred.
-Have strong communication skills and be able to speak to a wide range of people at all levels and adapt accordingly.
-Be able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
-Have strong IT skills.
-Modern offices located near great transport links
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.