Leeds, West Yorkshire
£22000 - £28000 per annum + Study Support
5 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that has ideally had experience to accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations to gain exposure to a role where they will be able to develop on their management accounts experience. You will join a growing business where there is real opportunity to develop and progress through getting involved in various projects and through the business growing, mainly via acquisitions.
The role will primarily be focused upon assisting with the production of the management accounts and the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting with the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations and will involve interaction with stakeholders across the business. Full training and support will be provided for the right candidate.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will be reporting to a supportive and engaging Finance Manager and your main duties will initially include but are not limited to the following:-
Key responsibilities of the role are:-
- Supporting in the production of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, variance analysis and accounts preparation.
- Assisting in year end accounts.
- Maintaining and updating control accounts including calculation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of MI for senior management and monitoring costs and identifying ways of cost saving.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all applicable US GAAP guidance and controls are adhered to.
- Analysis of credit card and cash expenses.
- Responsible for debtors reconciliations, dealing with unposted cash differences and resolving reconciling items.
- Managing fixed assets register.
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have experience of working within a Finance team and will have a desire to progress within the industry.
- Be available on a short notice, however candidates on a months notice will also be considered.
- Ideally be AAT qualified/ studying CIMA/ACCA.
- Be looking to join a growing business that will allow you to progress whilst supporting your studies.
- Have excellent IT skills, with strong Excel skills.
- Have experience of working within a similar role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk