£25000 - £28000 per annum
25 days ago
The right candidate will be an experienced Accountant who some experience with Management Accounts, i.e. accruals, prepayments, journals or budgets etc and is really wanting to progress further.
- Managing sales and purchase ledgers with high levels of accuracy.
- Ensuring the high levels of customer invoices are raised on time and queries resolved quickly.
- Reconciling monthly purchase statements.
- Taking purchase ledger telephone calls.
- Customer specific contract schedules are kept current and accurate.
- Purchase invoice processing onto Sage with timely query resolution.
- Including expense and credit card statement processing.
- Maintaining and updating pricing/work schedules.
- Managing the credit control process:
- Month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations and producing a monthly, reconciled, trial balance.
- Supporting the external accountant to:
- Prepare the monthly finance reports.
- Prepare the company cashflow forecast, incorporating the customer collection targets.
- Experience processing invoices
- Experience reconciling bank statements
- Experience with month end journals (desirable)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Keen and eager to progress
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.