Job descriptionSewell Wallis are working with a dominant, expanding business in Sheffield looking to appoint an Assistant Finance Manager.
This is a brand new role down to the growth of the successful business who are leaders in their field and the biggest company of their kind in the UK.
The business boats unbeatable progression and most of the senior leadership team have developed through the business!
The Assistant Finance Manager will join the vibrant team in Sheffield, offering hybrid working and leading a small team of AAT studiers.
* Number 2 to Finance Manager
* Preparation and validation of weekly and periodic financial and statistical reports
* Management and development 2 Assistant Accountants
* Work alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of key cost drivers, budget and flex mechanisms
* Creating weekly causals, leading the reviews with the operational team and reporting into the business through weekly calls
* Undertake nominal ledger tasks including processing journals, nominal ledger cross charges and period end reconciliations
* Leading the team to produce robust Budgets & Forecasts with validation of results and preparation of causals to reconcile Mentoring the Assistant Accountants - Providing a clear path for their development
* Involvement in Finance driven projects to improve controls and reporting
* Month end reporting
* Weekly flash reporting
* Involvement in new Business projects
* Ad-hoc reporting as required
What you will bring?
* Ability to build relationships at all levels
* Be proactive, inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance
* A keen eye for detail and financial controls
* Part Qualified CIMA/ ACCA
* Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
* Must be flexible and respond positively and accurately to internal and external customer requests
* Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation
* Has a 'can do' attitude, demonstrating drive, energy and commitment
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, study support and hybrid working + much more
Get in touch with Faith Collins for further details or apply now
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.