Job descriptionSewell Wallis are currently working on behalf of a medium sized Leeds based practice who are looking to recruit for an Assistant Accountant. This is a newly created position that has emerged due to continuous growth of the client base and is a great opportunity to join a stable yet growing team. This role would suit someone who has previous accountancy practice experience and is looking to develop and progress. You will join a support and friendly Finance team and full training and support will be provided. This is a very broad and varied role and will give you start to finish exposure to the full accountancy process for a diverse client base. For the right candidate full study support will be provided. This is an exciting time to join a progressive accountancy practice where there is real opportunity to develop and grow with the business.
The main responsibilities of the role will include -
- Preparing client accounts for small to medium sized businesses
- Assisting with audits and tax computations
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns
- Assisting with management accounts and preparing accruals, prepayments and journals
- Providing support for Senior Management with ad-hoc project work for clients
- Liaising with clients over their accounts and queries
- Providing meaningful insight and commentary and analysis alongside more senior members of the team.
- Going out to meet clients at their premises
- Client profitability reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Assisting clients on the setting up and development of internal systems and controls
- Assisting with maintaining the cash book, sales and nominal ledgers and assisting with reconciliations around year end.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working within an accountancy practice and will be looking for their next step within a practice environment.
- Have strong Excel and system skills and pick up new skills quickly.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and work towards deadlines.
- Be open to wanting to study for ACCA/ACA.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive and welcoming firm which is constantly evolving and expanding and are an extremely forward thinking practice. Long term wise there is real scope to develop and move up within the business.
Benefits include free onsite parking, a attractive working environment and the business is easily accessible via public transport and is close to motorway networks.
For further information please contact Gemma Watmough
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.