£25000 - £30000 per annum + study support and excellent benefits
5 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity for someone studying or AAT qualified or in the early stages of CIMA/ACCA to join a well known and respected service based business that support a diverse range of businesses.
This is a newly created position that has arisen due to year on year growth and is an opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on their high levels of staff retention and offer a clear support and development programme for the successful candidate.
This role will report into and work closely with the wider finance and business in general and will allow exposure to key stakeholders and will be really varied on a day to day basis.
This role will suit an individual who has a solid and proven accounting background, has a strong work ethic and is really looking to develop and grow with the business long term. Ideally the candidate will have some month end experience to go alongside their studies and will have a practical understanding of accruals, prepayments and journals as a minimum.
The successful candidate will gain full study support if required and will have exposure to a hands on finance team that can really develop their finance and accounting experience. The role itself will be focused upon supporting with the month end process. The client are offering hybrid working and a great benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts including providing calculations for month end reporting and accruals and prepayments.
- Processing of journals.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations to assist with the preparation of the quarterly balance sheet files for audit review - this can be trained.
- Assisting with provision calculations.
- Working on ad-hoc projects alongside the wider finance team on a longer term basis.
- Carrying out reconciliations and some ad-hoc analysis around variances and supporting with any reporting for the Head of Finance.
- Dealing with queries and setting up new customers on the system and assisting with other areas of finance as and when required.
-Ensuring all company controls are adhered to and assisting with looking at ways of developing and improving processes and policies.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have extremely good communication skills, will be confident presenting themselves to senior management and will be able to challenge ideas when needed.
- Be able to develop and build relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Ideally be AAT qualified/at the early stages of CIMA/ACCA and will have practical experience of the month end process, accruals, prepayments and journals and ideally have had some management accounts experience.
- Have experience of working within an accounting team and have an understanding of the demands of this type of role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced, deadline and changeable environment.
- Have excellent attention to detail and will pick up new skills quickly.
- Have strong Word and Excel skills.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.