We are delighted to be working with a well established, growing business based in Doncaster, who have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their friendly team.
The role will be integral in assisting with the day to day running of the accounts function. The successful candidate will be provided the opportunity to develop their existing skillset, with investment in training and future development, in order to progress to the next level and fulfil potential.
- Assisting with the preparation of the month end management accounts.
- Production of financial accounts up to the trial balance stage including accruals/prepayments.
- Conduct month end balance sheet reconciliations and prepare reports.
-Weekly cash flow forecasting and budget preparation.
-Assist in year end audit preparation.
-Analyse monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
-Liaise with key stakeholders in other departments for effective communication and collaboration.
Prepare ad hoc information and reports as needed.
- The successful candidate will ideally be studying towards CIMA or ACCA
- A good knowledge of current accounting standards, and experience in the production of management accounts and published financial statements.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Have the ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Study Support
- Generous pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Private healthcare after 2 years service
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.