£27000 - £32000 per annum
28 days ago
*Discretionary annual performance bonus of up to 40% of basic annual salary.
*34 days paid holidays per annum, inclusive of public holidays.
*Non-contributory group personal pension with a company contribution of 10% of basic annual salary.
*Private medical, dental and travel insurance (includes coverage for eligible dependants). A taxable benefit; premiums paid by the Company.
*Annual employee health-check.
*Eligibility to participate in Company flexi time scheme.
*Life Insurance, currently at a level of up to 10 x basic annual salary.
*Permanent Health Insurance.
*Gym and fitness allowance.*
*Eligibility to participate in the Company's discretionary Share Incentive Schemes and Share Incentive Plan (SIP).*
* Bank Reconciliations and bank postings for group - multi entity, multi-currency
* Reconciliation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet general ledger accounts
* Prepare and post corrections as required
* Maintain prepayments schedule and post monthly release
* Journal entry/uplift as required including prepayments, accruals and Treasury postings
* Process refunds
* Assist with automated intercompany billing process for all time and third-party recharges on a monthly basis as allocated
* Complete related accounting entries including foreign exchange adjustments
* Reconcile intercompany general ledger accounts, resolve any differences, follow up outstanding balances
* Global receipting of AR invoices for applicable entities
* Maintain AR posting period
* Review, process and reconcile VAT for relevant entities
* Prepare relevant VAT returns for submission / review by Edinburgh Tax Team
* Import VAT - review and reclaim
* Ensure any VAT corrections are journalised monthly
* Make any required corrections to timesheets through timesheet maintenance, ensuring records are maintained for the timewriting audit
* Review timewriting to identify and resolve errors and track missing time
* Assist timewriters with coding queries as required
* Escalate missing time to managers as required
*Preferably actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification
*Good understanding of the general ledger, reconciliations and journals
*Good Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
*Intercompany billing experience advantageous
*Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met
*Good written and verbal communication skills
*Good attention to detail
*Good organisational skills
*Ability to work to deadlines
*Keen, flexible attitude
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.