Up to £25000 per annum + Hybrid Working
6 days ago
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive, friendly team. The focus of the role is to assist in the preparation of draft management accounts on a 4 weekly basis, ensuring accurate records are maintained, as well as providing support to the operations team within the group
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist and carry out any duties of the Accounts department and to ensure that the accounting records are accurately and effectively maintained.
- Ensure that the accounting records are kept up to date and that routine financial reports and information are produced on a timely basis.
- Recording of expenses, company credit cards and company fuel cards, ensuring that spends are monitored and reported efficiently and any misuse is reported immediately to the Directors.
- Preparation of payment runs on a weekly basis, ensuring timely payment of royalties and advertising, as well as rents, rates and utilities.
- Reconciliation of all cash balances including store floats, cash in transit and at bank, ensuring that any deficits are reported to the Group Financial Controller in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective reporting on management accounts to ensure that the Group Financial Controller and Group Head of Finance can make informed decisions and report back to the Directors in a timely manner.
- To challenge the thinking of Department Heads and make them aware of the financial implications of their decisions and departmental performance. To assist them improve financial performance and help identify opportunities.
You must be:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment on own initiative and take ownership of role
- AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Able to spot opportunities to improve and develop processes and reporting
-33 days holiday incl. bank holidays
-Auto enrolment pension
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.