£18000 - £22000 per annum
13 days ago
This is a newly created role due to rapid business growth and will report directly into the Finance Manager. Due to the nature of the business, the role is more focused around the cashbook/sales ledger side but there will be some exposure to other areas of finance over time.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but experienced finance team where the successful candidate will gain exposure to all aspects of a cash management/reconciliations focused role.
You will join a friendly team and will gain a full training and support programme. Free parking is providing and a hybrid working policy is being implemented. This is a fast paced, high volume environment and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload.
The main duties of the role will include -
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash posting
- High volume weekly BACS payment run
- Daily CHAPS payments to suppliers
- Assisting with the cash flow forecast and updating it on a daily basis
- Seeking appropriate authorisations and processing CHAPS payment requests to meet strict deadlines
- Supporting the finance team with the processing of supplier and payroll BACS
- Maintaining contact with the bank and manual entry of cheque requests
- Daily recording of all cash received
- Refunding any overpayments from clients
- Investigating and resolving all unidentified cash items.
The ideal candidate will -
- Ideally have previous cash management/treasury experience or will have some transactional finance experience
- Be comfortable working within a fast paced, high volume, transactional based role
- Have experience of reconciliations
- Pick up new systems and new skills quickly
- Have excellent attention to detail and will be able to manage their own workload to achieve deadlines
For further information please contact Gemma Watmough
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.