Bradford, West Yorkshire
£20000 - £23500 per annum
16 days ago
This is a newly created position that will report directly into the Financial Controller and the successful candidate will be given a full training and support programme. The role will mainly focus around the payroll and purchase ledger functions but will also give exposure to other areas of finance.
You will join a small but friendly and experienced finance team and will be able to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and growth from within.
This role would suit an individual with experience of working within a fast paced environment and will involve working towards multiple deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
As the Accounts Assistant you will have full responsibility for the following:-
- Processing purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Processing a weekly payroll for around 30 employees.
- Supporting on the pensions and benefits side and ensuring any calculations are accurate.
- Assisting in the processing of new starters, leavers and amendments.
- Issuing P45's and preparing BACS statements.
- Processing payroll calculations including manual calculations when required.
- Dealing with PAYE enquires.
- Administering SSP, SMP, SPP, PAYE and NI and year end procedures.
- Resolving pay queries and providing information as required.
- Being committed to maintaining payroll legislation knowledge.
The ideal candidate will -
- Have previous experience of working within both purchase ledger and payroll.
- Ideally be immediately available or available on a short notice period however candidates with a months notice will definitely be considered.
- Have dealt with high volumes of invoices and will be comfortable assisting with high value payment runs.
- Be able to prioritise their workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Pick up new skills, processes quickly and be happy to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.