Castleford, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £25000 per annum + benefits
16 days ago
This is a newly created role due to rapid growth and will report directly into the Finance Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly and well established finance team where you will be responsible for the full accounts process.
This is an extremely varied role, providing full exposure to all aspects of accounts and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload. The successful candidate will join a reputable company that really do develop and promote from within and will be given full training and development.
You will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial management including:-
- Ensuring completion of purchase orders for all expenses
- Ensuring all purchase orders have correct authority before goods are ordered
- Invoice approvals, validations and adjustments
- Maintaining both the sales and purchase ledgers and being first point of contact for any queries
-Issuing correct invoices within company time frames and posting cheques and BACS accurately onto the ledger
- Reviewing ledger on a daily basis to ensure all balances are less than 7 days and to resolve any outstanding issues with relevant parties
- Responsible for the credit control process for the business and chasing any outstanding monies both over the phone and via email
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Cash book postings and daily banking
- Management of the company's credit cards and cash incentive process
- Generating payment runs and processing petty cash
- Inputting and posting entries to the cashbook and processing cash receipts and allocating to the ledger
The ideal candidate will have:-
- All round accountancy experience within a similar role
- The AAT qualification or have the relevant all round accounting experience
- Ideally have had exposure to Sage Line 50
- Be self motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment working to deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a hands on approach
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.