Sewell Wallis are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a well-established, growing business based in the Thirsk area on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will join a friendly and supportive team with excellent long-term progression.
The role will be providing support to the finance team, assisting mainly with the purchase ledger function. The main duties of the role will include providing business support by handling all aspects of invoice processing, reconciliations and ensuring all internal and external queries are dealt with in a professional manner.
This post requires someone with a keen eye for detail due to continued business growth, which will result in exposure to a wide range of areas keeping the role interesting and varied.
The main duties of the role will include:-
- Purchase invoice processing.
- Preparing supplier payment and posting the cashbook entries.
- Assisting with the management of business cash cards.
- Assisting with sales invoicing posting and liaising with site and sales team to resolve related queries.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Handling supplier queries and setting up of account.
- Assisting the wider business with PO related queries.
- Providing support to the wider finance team.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have prior experience in a similar role.
- Have strong excel skills.
- Have strong IT skills or the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Hybrid working
- Modern, open-plan offices
- Long term progression
- Working with a supportive and personable Purchase Ledger Manager
For more details please contact Becky Gibson
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.