Job descriptionWe're delighted to be working with a well-established and successful retail business based in Rotherham who are looking to grow their team with an Accounts Assistant! This role in part of a sociable and friendly team who have created a warm and welcoming environment where you will be fully supported through your career.
This role is crucial to ensuring the efficient management of the purchase and sales ledger functions and assisting with the production of monthly management accounts. If you're a proactive individual with excellent organisational and communication skills, we would be very keen to have a chat!
As an Accounts Assistant, your duties will include the following:
- Maintain accurate and effective purchase and sales ledgers.
- Ensure supplier data is up to date and expenditures are properly authorised.
- Generate sales ledger invoices and allocate cash receipts correctly to the corresponding invoices.
- Verify that all stock invoices are matched to purchase orders.
- Manage the petty cash system.
- Distribute incoming post promptly.
- Assist in processing and ensuring the proper authorisation and timely payment of expenses for stores and head office.
- Process corporate card statements efficiently.
- Prepare daily banking documents.
- Assist finance business partners with month-end accruals and prepayments.
- Contribute to the production of year-end files and provide supporting information for the year-end audit.
- Review debtors, deposits, and GRNI reports.
- Proficiency in Excel and other office software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of confidently interacting with management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of tasks.
The company offers:
- Study Support
- Performance-related bonus
- Supportive environment to grow and develop
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.