Job descriptionWe are delighted to be working with a growing business based in Rotherham who are looking for an ambitious Accounts Assistant to join their supportive team.
The successful candidate will be involved in effectively managing the purchase and sales ledger functions, as well as assisting in the production of monthly management accounts.
- To assist in the accurate and effective purchase and sales ledgers,
ensuring that supplier data is properly maintained and up to date, all expenditure has been appropriately authorised.
- Rasing sales ledger invoices and allocating cash receipts against the correct invoices.
- Ensure all stock invoices are correctly matched to purchase orders and highlighting and querying any discrepancies in pricing and quantity.
- Maintain the petty cash system and ensure the that all petty cash is accounted for and
- Distribute the post promptly on receipt and maintain the franking machine.
- Assist in ensuring expenses for both stores and head office claims are properly authorised and correctly processed and paid on time.
- Assist in processing the corporate card statements.
- Ensure the daily banking's are ready for release each day by C. 10:30am each working day.
- Assist the finance business partners with month end accruals and prepayments.
- Assist with the production of year end files and supporting information for year end audit.
- Review debtors/deposits/GRNI reports for all corporate stores and the warehouse and
ensure all balances are reasonable and accurate.
- Become fully trained in the use of Cybertill in order to provide assistance and support to the corporate network
- AAT Qualified or currently studying
- Minimum 2 years accounts department experience
- Confident using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate, analyse & explain the accounts to various
- Study Support
- Company Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- On site parking
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.