Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £30000 per annum + great benefits
4 months ago
- Preparation of year end accounts under UK GAAP for clients from computerised and manual records. To cover limited companies, LLP's, partnerships and sole trader businesses.
- Performance of audits. To cover work on similar regulated assignments under Solicitors' Accounts Rules, Charities Acts etc.
- Preparation of tax returns for clients.
To cover VAT returns, P11D/Benefit in Kind returns, personal tax returns and corporation tax returns.
- Preparation of management accounts and similar management reports for clients.
- Bookkeeping services on clients records.
- Provision of training to clients on the services described above.
- Liaising with Client Managers and Scheduling Manager to keep them informed of progress/problems on jobs and taking responsibility for timetabling, budgeting and billing the work allocated
- Dealing directly with the client and ensuring they get the service that they require. This will include the need to make telephone calls and generate and send emails and written correspondence.
- Ensuring that you request the personal and professional education that you need, for all services that you are asked to provide, in order to fulfil your responsibilities.
- Maintaining professional standards and ethics and acting in the best interests of the firm at all times. Promotion of a professional image of the firm and positive attitude regarding it in dealings with clients, 3rd parties and other staff members; Acting as a role model.
- Providing help and assistance to other staff members ensuring that you communicate clearly with them regarding what you are doing/have done/will do and what you are asking them to do, if anything.
- Understanding the firms systems policies and procedures and ensuring that they are complied with and requesting clarification and/or training on these where changes are made or confusion has arisen; passing on your own and others concerns and problems to the relevant manager/ managing director.
- Maintaining accessible records of communications, research and assumptions with and on behalf of clients; by way of file notes, telephone call logs, emails and copies of correspondence and documents as required. Maintaining office' records of client details for your own portfolio.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.